What a great month we had in April.
And all despite having some snow still. Can you imagine? Argh!
Alas, it seems like we’ve turned the corner. The sun has been out more. Temperatures, especially during the day, have been rising. And it is starting to feel like winter is finally leaving. Who knows how long of a spring we’ll have. Before we know it, it will be hot all the time!
Either way, it’s a new month — and, thus, a new theme for the challenge.
Allow me a moment to get on a quick soap box (and this goes for me, too!) — visiting others. One thing I’ve loved is watching the Photo Blogging Challenge grow. I know some people have come from the WordPress blogging class thing (as we’re linked up there) or others found it different ways. But one thing I love about this challenge is the community feel. It’s not just a linkup, it’s a way to talk and interact with people.
So don’t forget to go back and visit some blogs, drop a note etc. I only got through about half last month — and I will go back and finish — because work has been crazy. But usually, I wait until the linkup closes and then go hit everybody. I love seeing what people have done. But what’s disappointing is when there are 10-20 links in the linkup, and people only have 4-5 comments. I know that not everybody is in it for that, but let’s make a community out of this.
Build the whole experience here — see what others have done. Come back, see those who linked later than you. Go visit them, drop a note, and interact. That’s what this is all about — having fun and interacting and such. Experience all sides of this. Some people’s blogs are awesome well beyond the challenge posts!
Anyway… off the soap box.
The theme is below. But before we get to that … let me remind you of some important items:
- I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge! That’s one of the best parts of this challenge — interacting and seeing other people’s work!
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month (or close to it), I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month (or close to it), participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Spring. I’m thinking this will be an easier one for the month and hopefully one you all can have a lot of fun with.
Let’s see what you have for this one! And let’s see if we can get some others interested in joining us! Pass along the word!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Sunday, May 31. Then come back here and link up.
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: Where the streets have no name
- December 2014: ‘Tis the season
- January 2015: Games
- February 2015: Winter
- March 2015: Two
- April 2015: Friends and Family
- May 2015: Spring
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at email@example.com. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!