Time for another month.
But before I get rolling with this post, let me send out a plea. When I started this challenge, my idea was to have a fun monthly photo challenge with a community of people who came back each month and participated.
Whether it be the images, the comments, whatever, I had visions of a good cast of characters going forward. But it’s so up and down. Maybe it’s the themes. Maybe it’s people just not enjoying challenges. Maybe it’s because it’s only monthly and people forget. But one thing is for sure, there’s not as many people participating.
So I look to others for ideas. What can we do to make it better? I still have dreams of getting like 20-25 people per month who participate, visit, comment, enjoy and help with the success of the challenge. So if you have ideas, let me know. Or tell your fellow bloggers. One doesn’t need $2,000 worth of equipment to participate. Just the ability to interpret a theme, take photos and post once a month (and come link up)!
We’ve hit November. The weather in the Northeast seems to be turning as it’s definitely chillier (despite the 70+ we had in my area the other day). The time is going to be falling back and getting darker earlier.
The theme this month is a little different. I hope people look at it and come up with some fun interpretations as I think it has the possibilities of being a cool theme.
Before we get to the actual theme…
As a reminder of a few things, let me copy and paste this from last month:
- I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge! That’s one of the best parts of this challenge — interacting and seeing other people’s work!
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month (or close to it), I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month (or close to it), participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Where the streets have no name. Ohhh… what to make of this one? I hope all of you find some fun in this and interpret it in different ways!
Let’s see what you have for this one! And let’s see if we can get some others interested in joining us!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Friday, November 28 (the day after Thanksgiving, if you are in the States).
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
- October 2013: Fall
- November 2013: People
- December 2013: Festive
- January 2014: New
- February 2014: Red
- March 2014: One
- April 2014: Smile
- May 2014: Fun
- June 2014: Vehicles
- July 2014: Baseball
- August 2014: Colorful
- September 2014: Black and White
- October 2014: Photographer’s Choice
- November 2014: TBA
- December 2014: TBA
- January 2015: TBA
- February 2015: TBA
- March 2015: TBA (our two-year anniversary!)
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!