I could use a few rolling bottles on the floor right now, but it likely wouldn’t be wise.
I was trying to find a theme that would allow me to update the Saga of the Foot as I’ve come to call it.
For those who have been readers of my blog, you may know I’ve been having issues with the foot, ever since stepping on a nail some three months ago. Good times, right?
Well, it seems it didn’t get all that much better, despite recently seeming better.
Here’s a timeline — and if you like crazy things, grab a bottle of your favorite adult beverage and empty it.
- Stepped on nail.
- Went to ER same day, got tetanus shot. Told by ER doc I didn’t need anything else, just keep it clean.
- Five days later, food balloons, back to ER. Physician asst. I meet with gives me antibiotics.
- Works to a point. Gets somewhat better.
- Regresses, go to convenient care one night. PA there gives me a second antibiotic.
- Seems to work, but turns out I am allergic to said antibiotic.
- See primary care person who checks things out and tells me to possibly take Benadryl to counteract what the antibiotic is doing to me.
- Turns out me and Benadryl don’t get along — have hallucinations.
- A little blank here. Gets a little better, a little worse. Sent to podiatrist.
- She works wonders, it seems. Wound heels, but still puffy. Could be deep-tissue wound.
- Compression sock seems to be helping, but original wound opens, second (blister) emerges.
- Back to podiatrist, who wants to know why I am back because everything seemed healed. Orders MRI.
- Get MRI on Saturday, by mid-afternoon orthopedic person calls to get me up there Monday.
- Go Monday, meet the Dr. checking things out. She wants surgery. Gives me until Thursday.
- Surgery Thursday.
I think I have everything figured out there. I may have missed something.
But this is all because I stepped on a stupid nail. Through the boot and, apparently, pretty damn close to the bone.
So, now I need surgery. Hopefully in-and-out, clean it and let it heal. This needs to get better. It’s been too long and too many things going on. I won’t get into the ugly details on what the MRI showed (just kind of disgusting with terms, but hopefully nothing this Doctor can’t fix!). But, basically, there’s a buildup inside and she needs to clean it to allow antibiotics to do their job to, hopefully, make sure it does nothing with the bone.
Then, maybe, I can get back to normal.
Believe me, after re-reading this, I could empty a bottle or two, but I shouldn’t. Instead, I know the snow is a coming (will be here by the time you read this as it’s pre-written) and I need to get some work done, especially with having to take off Thursday and Friday.
A saga and some empty bottles. Can’t make this stuff up!
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!