Photo Blogging Challenge: September 2013’s theme is…
Here we go again.
This monthly challenge has been quite fun so far. And despite not becoming the greatest photo challenge on the Internet (well, it is, we just don’t have hundreds participating), I’ve really enjoyed the small group of people taking part. A couple of the months I slacked with visiting because of work, but I plan on making up for that now that the summer gig is over.
As summer starts to fade away, it’s time to keep pushing forward with this lovely challenge. I’ve been trying to come up with something a little more broad so we can really see some interpretation. I think the theme this month will do that and maybe get people to find some cool stuff.
Or so I hope.
The theme is below as normal.
It would be sweet to see the challenge grow a little, so if you know a blogger who might be interested in taking part, please feel free to pass this along. I’d love to see it to a point where we get 25 or so people doing it on a monthly basis.
Oh, and if you haven’t already posted your link for August’s challenge, there’s still time!
As a reminder of a few things, let me copy and paste this from last month:
- I have an e-mail reminder list set up. Basically, I’ll e-mail the group with about 10 days left in the month to remind you. When I remember, I’ll also shoot one out the day before the end of the month, as a reminder to post the following day. I can’t always guarantee that one though! If you are not on the list, let me know in the comments below that you would like to be on it.
- Second, I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge!
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month, I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month, participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Outdoors.
I’m pretty sure most people who have participated are in the summer months — and if you’re not, well, insert your season here!
Please make sure your blog post publishes Tuesday, October 1 (I’m going with Oct. 1 as the date because Ziva and Mike are running a daily photo challenge throughout September and I wanted to make sure those who may try and do both didn’t have to worry about two posts on the 31st!)
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at email@example.com. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!