Hey, it’s photo challenge time again!
I hope others are enjoying this monthly challenge as much as I have. I would love to see us grow a little bit, so feel free to let others know about this and hopefully we can pull a few more people into it. In the end, it’s not too difficult — take the theme, interpret it, take five posts, do a blog post and link up here.
So, onward and upward.
The summer is gone. The fall is here (for many). The colors are changing. Football, crisp air — everything beautiful about this season.
Before you even get to the theme, I’m sure you have a clue where this is going. But here’s the beauty, by taking just the word, there are so many ways to interpret the theme. Please just remember to use photos you’ve taken this month, not past shots. That defeats the purpose of the challenge. Have fun with it!
And spread the word!
Remember, too, if you haven’t posted a link for your September challenge, there’s still some time.
As a reminder of a few things, let me copy and paste this from last month:
- I have an e-mail reminder list set up. Basically, I’ll e-mail the group with about 10 days left in the month to remind you. When I remember, I’ll also shoot one out the day before the end of the month, as a reminder to post the following day. I can’t always guarantee that one though! If you are not on the list, let me know in the comments below that you would like to be on it.
- Second, I set up a Facebook group for those who are interested. Reminders and maybe some discussions or other things can be done there.
- If you haven’t already, attempt to check out everybody’s posts and consider commenting. These challenges are great for personal growth, but it’s also nice to be interactive with all the others in the challenge!
Before we hit up this month’s theme, for new people, allow me to refresh the rules a bit.
Here’s how it will work.
- On the first of each month, I’ll have a blog post here with the theme for the month.
- Over the course of the month, participants will take photos with their interpretation of the theme. On the last day of the month, participants should publish their blog post, which will include five photos from the month. (please don’t recycle photos from the past … the idea is to hopefully challenge you to go out and take new photos each month to interpret the theme). And please only use photos you took.
- I’ll have a link-up thing at the end of my post so people can come and post the links to their posts so, hopefully, everybody can go go check out and comment on other posts.
There is no rule on equipment or anything. Use a cell phone. Use film. Use a point-and-shoot. Use a DSLR. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure you publish your blog post on the last day of each month, come here and link up.
Your blog posts can be as simple or as in-depth as you want. I’ll likely talk a little about each photo. But if all you want to do is post photos, feel free. The idea of this is to give a small challenge and give everybody a chance to express themselves with photography, participate in a challenge and have something to blog about.
That’s it. Easy, right? So join in! Help us continue to grow this challenge by telling fellow bloggers/photographers about the challenge and hopefully it can become a great monthly thing!
For those still with me, this month’s theme is: Fall.
I’m pretty sure most people who have participated are in the fall months — and if you’re not, well, insert your season here! Or, totally go in a different direction — which is why I used “fall” instead of “autumn.”
Please make sure your blog post publishes Wednesday, Oct. 30 (I am going a day before the end of the month as I figure some people do Halloween-related posts on the 31st I’ll post the new theme on the 31st or Nov. 1st).
If you think you are going to take part in this, drop a comment below so we can see who all might be trying to tackle this challenge!
History of the challenge (past month’s themes – links to see everybody else’s posts are at the end of the linked post):
- March 2013: My World
- April 2013: Transportation
- May 2013: Night
- June 2013: Bridges
- July 2013: Signs
- August 2013: Summer
- September 2013: Outdoors
Feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail P.J. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please “Like” HooHaa Blog on Facebook!Read More